Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trattoria at 313@Somerset





When I was in the 313 I was attracted by the appearance of the restaurant. Since it is an italian restaurant, I would like to try its cheese.

Based on its name and design, most of the people will know the restaurant provide a casual dining place. Trattoria is less formal then a ristorante, but more formal than an osteria.



I was kinda dissapointed by the choice there. There were many courses unavailable because the restaurant was just opened.

The appearance of the food was not really surprising me, but I like the cheese used by the restaurant very much. The cheese are imported and the ingredients are freshly prepared.


Soup of the day. The main ingredient is corn.


Mushroom soup. The taste is thicker, I prefer this one.


Caesar Salad, with parmesan cheese and caesar dressing.


Lasagna Bolognese, grana cheese is used for this dish.


4x Cheese Pizza, I am not sure the cheese found in the pizza.


Spaghetti Carbonara, with bacon, egg yolk, and pamesan rich sause.

The chef the restaurant is able to apply the cheese in the food so that the food look simple but taste great.

Beside the starters and main courses, I would like to mention a little bit about the dessert and drinks.


Tiramisu.


San Pellegrino, Mandarino.

The overcrowded restaurant made us unable to dine freely, the furnishing of the restaurant was quite packed. But the food are worth recommended since the taste of the cheese are nice. The service are also okay. I wanna rank it as 3 stars. It is a good place for casual dining.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Lew!
    We are following you from all around the world. I am your fan from Montreal. Keep up with those great restaurant reviews. I do restaurant reviews too, and although you and I have different approaches (I am extremely enthusiastic and elaborate when it's top, extremely expeditive when it's bad), I do appreciate your views and honest opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just ate there for lunch today. Tried the Prawn Aglio Olio (lunch set) and am DEEPLY disappointed. SO MUCH noodles, very little dressing. Hardly a taste of garlic at all. I felt as though a secondary school student on a vacation job had prepared it. The four prawns in the dish were fresh but that's all they tasted like - fresh boiled prawns. I really had a shock when the dish was presented before me. I had to look at the restaurant again to convince myself I'm at some renowned eatery. Honestly, the prawn aglio at Pasta Mania tasted so much better!! At least I could taste the garlic.

    ReplyDelete