Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Din Tai Fung at Mid Valley; Near to Kuala Lumpur



After having a whole day fun at Kuala Lumpur, my family and I had brunch on the next day at Din Tai Fung Mid Valley. This restaurant is famous with its "Xiao Long Bao".


The restaurant impressed me with the modern casual dining environment.


The chili paste is very nice, even my stingy mother love it.

The first dish we ordered was the classic "Xiao Long Bao". Since we ordered the "Xiao Long Bao" in combo set, the crab meat and pork "Xiao Long Bao" was served together.

The way to eat the "Xiao Long Bao" is dipping it into the vinegar and have it with ginger.


The Classic "Xiao Long Bao"


Crab meat and pork "Xiao Long Bao"

We also tried other dish, but not all of the dish satisfy us.


House Special Appetizer


Shanghainese Druken Chicken. The chef recommended it to be served cold.


Tofu with Spinach. I like it the most.

Actually I don't recommend the noodle of the restaurant. The "La Mian" or so called Ramen was unable to remain its elasticity since it was soaked in the soup in too long time. I have tried lots of Ramen better than this one.


La Mian with Tofu in Plain Soup. Not special at all, disappointing.


Cha Jiang La Mian. Also disappointing.

The restaurant actually doesn't make me feel enough for once only. The only thing worth recommended is the "Xiao Long Bao". I want to mention that the restaurant serve the plain rice without fully cooked, this will significantly affect the restaurant's image.

Anyway, the service of the restaurant is sistematic and quite satisfied, the staff cleaned the table immediately once we finished having our meal.

Finally, I would like to rank the restaurant as 2 stars. Not really worth to dine with expensive price.

No comments:

Post a Comment