Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Buffet dinner at JOGOYA, Starhill Gallery


19th August was my convocation, so I celebrated my graduation with my family by having dinner at Jogoya. After a terrible traffic jam, my family and I able to reach there in time.





The restaurant has very comfortable and nice environment. And the restaurant is also huge until the stations are far from each other!




Steamed food station


Hot porcelain grill station, this station only provide raw material to grill yourself.

When you come here, you should try the coconut water, it has very nice smell.




Unlimited flow of white wine and red wine.

My first food to be taken was sashimi because it is my favorite!





There are also many appetizer too...


Smoked Salmon, Deep Fried Salmon Skin... others I not sure their name.


Marinated tomato, sharkfin, eggs...


Shark fin soup with crab meat.


Mushroom soup. I like the crispy crust.


Tempura, some of them I never tried before.


Not sure what is this, kinda like snail.


Fried oyster. I don't like it because the taste of oysters was covered by the fried oil.

The Chinese Cuisine...


Steamed dumpling with crab meat.


Black pepper crab.


Sweet sour chicken.


Steamed scallop.


Steamed fish. Every serving only has got small portion of fish, not enough for me.

The special one...


Paper steamboat on the porcelain stove, my own combination.

Finally, the desserts...

There are too many choice of desserts until I was unable to try all of them. Especially the Chocolate Fondue, I was so regret that I was unable to have it.


Cake and pudding station.



Puddings...


Cookies on the right while muachi on the left.


Cookies... and Dorayaki.


Muachi! I didn't try it because I will be getting fulled easily with it.


Ice cream Station, but we cannot take the ice cream by ourself...


Haagen-dazs ice cream. I only tried peach flavor because I had already fulled.

When I decided to have my dinner my family here, I was worried about my mum and aunt's comment. But after the dinner buffet, I was glad that they think the restaurant is worth to go again.

I also like the restaurant very much, the food of the restaurant are on par with its classy look. But one thing make me regret is that I was unable to try the VIP dishes there, especially the Cheese Baked Oyster, it is my most favorite one!

The service of the restaurant is also good. I still remember that I was once forgot to bring the clip to order Unagi, but the cook still gave me a plate of it and remind me to put clip into the ordering bowl next time.

As conclusion, although the price of the buffet is expensive, it is worth to have it. 4.5 stars for Jogoya.

No comments:

Post a Comment